UPDATED: Monday, June 29 – WE ARE OPEN!
The health and safety of our members, family, and friends is our #1 Priority. This is a time of uncertainty for all of us. Our goal is to provide clarity, direction, and resources to our community in the best way we know how.
Great news, team! We are back in business! Delco is in the “Green” Phase, and we opened our doors at 5am on Monday, June 29th!
What does this mean for current and future members? (The short version)
- Current members can book Open Gym and LIFT times online using the PushPress app. We are limited to 5 members in the gym at a time, with mandatory scheduling ahead of time.
- FUTURE MEMBERS… we are currently accepting new members for 1-on-1 training and our LIFT semi-private program only. We are not accepting new members for Open Gym at this time. To get started, book a free call using this link: Book Free No-Sweat Intro.
- We are also accepting members for online training, which is offered through the Quad Collective. Quad Collective consists of 4 micro-gyms (including us!) providing a variety of LIVE online classes via Zoom. Details below.
- If you are interested only in Open Gym, you can join the waitlist by filling out this form: PPG Open Gym Waitlist. We’ll reach out with more info and let you know as spots start opening up.
Before you come in, please read below for details on what to expect when you come to the gym, how to sign up for memberships, FAQ, and more!
What To Expect When You Enter the Gym
- Please wear a mask at all times. In the State of Pennsylvania, masks are required in all indoor spaces. If you need to remove your mask during your session, we ask that you go outside and at least 6ft from the building to do so.
- When you arrive, a staff member will take your temperature and record it for contact tracing purposes. As long as your temperature is 100.4° or below you may train. If it’s over 100.4° we will ask that you go home, rest up, probably get a COVID test, and feel better.
- After we take your temperature, you’ll head directly into the bathroom to wash your hands for 20 seconds.
- After washing your hands you’ll grab your personal cleaning basket, which is equipped with EPA-approved COVID-killing solution, hand sanitizer, and cleaning rags. You’ll keep this basket with you for your entire workout. There is also room in the basket for small personal items such as keys, wallet, wrist wraps, etc.
- We’ll also provide you with 2.5lb and 5lb plates if you need them. These plates will travel with you for your entire workout.
- Then we’ll ask what lift you plan to start with and send you to a pod to get started. (See info on pods below.)
What’s a “Pod”?
- The gym is divided into 10 “pods.” With a max of 5 clients allowed in the gym at a time, that means at least half the pods are always unoccupied, so there is plenty of distancing between members.
- In each pod you’ll find a full set of weights, collars, foam roller, and wire brush.
- When you’re done using your current pod, wipe everything down with the supplies provided in your cleaning basket. You can then move to a new unoccupied pod.
- If there’s something you need that’s not in your pod (like chalk, bands, a chalkboard, lacrosse ball, or other speciality bar or equipment) just ask a staff member and we’ll get it for you.
- You can view the gym setup here: Power Plant “Pods” Pix
Clean, Clean, Clean
- We are all about keeping things safe and clean! In addition to requiring masks for staff and clients, we’re also cleaning the gym consistently throughout the day.
- We’re asking members to wipe down their equipment as they go. (Thanks!)
- There are 30-min windows between each training block during which staff wipe down all the equipment, floor space, and bathrooms with EPA-approved COVID-killing cleaning solution.
- We disinfect all the cleaning baskets and all their contents after every session, and make sure they are replenished with fresh rags and cleaning products. We wash the rags at home with super hot water, so you’ll always have 2 fresh clean rags in your basket.
- At the end of each day, we use a sprayer to spray down all the equipment with COVID-killing solution. This helps us get the best coverage over the whole gym on a daily basis.
- Before we re-opened (on June 29th), we contracted with a professional cleaner (AAA Dry Foam) to fog the entire gym with certified COVID-killing solution. You can see the certificate by the front door.
Open Gym and Booking Session Times
- Everyone must reserve a time in advance, including for Open Gym.
- You can view the full schedule here: PPG Schedule
- Open Gym can be booked up to 7 days in advance. LIFT sessions and Strongman Saturday can be booked up to 14 days in advance. All sessions must be booked a minimum of 12 hours in advance.
- Book your sessions using the PushPress app on your phone or on a web browser. Here are the links for each one and a how-to video for the app:
- If you notice that a session time is unavailable it’s either because it’s full, or you’re trying to book outside the allowable booking window.
New Members and Memberships
- We are currently accepting new members for our LIFT (semi-private) and 1-on-1 training ONLY. You can get started with either of those programs by booking a FREE No Sweat Intro call with Katie. This is a 15-minute chat about your goals and what you’re looking for in your gym experience so we can work together to create the best plan for you. You can book an intro here: Book Free Intro Call
- We are NOT currently accepting new Open Gym members. With the restrictions on the number of people in the gym, we want to make sure our current members are taken care of before we add new people to the community. We do have a waitlist for Open Gym. You can add your info here and we’ll let you know as soon as we start taking new members: Add Your Name To Open Gym Waitlist
- Returning members: If you previously paused your membership, you are welcome to reactivate it. Just shoot us an email. If you previously cancelled your membership, please add your name to the waitlist for new members.
- Quad Collective is a collection of 4 woman-owned micro-gyms (including Power Plant) that banded together during the COVID shut-down to offer more options for our members in the form of live online classes.
- All classes are live online via Zoom, and some don’t require any equipment at all!
- Class options include Bootcamp (no equipment needed), Stretch & Chill, CrossFit, Yoga, POUND, and Krav Maga. They happen all day long, 7 days a week!
- Power Plant members have full access to all Quad Collective classes.
- Non-members can sign up for an online-only membership to access the full array of classes. Shoot us an email to learn more.
Do I need to wear a mask at all times?
Yes. Governor Wolf has mandated that masks are to be worn at all times indoors. The only exception is if you have a medical condition that precludes you from wearing a mask or if it poses a significant threat to your health. Click here to read the Governor’s full release. If you need to remove your mask during your workout, we ask that you go outside and at least 6ft from the building.
Is it safe to wear a mask to lift weights?
Yes, it’s safe. It’s not the most comfortable, but for the vast majority of people, it is perfectly safe to wear a mask while training. The body is incredibly adaptable, and – just like it adjusts to heavier weights and new movements – it will adjust to the new training requirement. You can read more from these sources about wearing masks while training: American Council on Exercise (ACE), New York Times, Under Armour, cnet, Popsugar.
Are there any masks you recommend?
Yup! We recommend a mask that is made of breathable fabric, not paper. The jury is still out on the “best” mask, but we’ve been testing masks from various places such as: Reebok, Adidas, Under Armour, Athleta, LevelWear, and others. You can also try a Google search for “athletic face covering” or “athletic mask” for more options.
Can I bring my gym bag?
Yes, but please make it a SMALL one. Your bag must stay with you inside your pod, so if you bring a giant bag you’ll have less space to lift. Now is a great time to pare down your bag to the essentials and bring only what you need into the gym. Remember that small personal items (like wrist wraps, jump rope, keys, etc) will fit into your personal cleaning basket as well. If you’re coming from work so you also have clothing with you, we recommend changing clothes then going back to your car to swap out bags and leave behind what you don’t need to train. (You will not have to do a temperature check when you re-enter the gym – just wash your hands.)
When can I move off the waitlist and join Open Gym?
We’re not totally sure yet. We want to give current members a couple weeks to adjust to the new schedule and to learn more about peak times and scheduling Open Gym blocks. Once we’re confident that our current members are taken care of and the schedule works well, we’ll open to new members. Add your name to the waitlist to be notified immediately when new spots open.